C&D Associates, Inc. Troubleshooter
Models CD25K thru CD50K
The following are just basic troubleshooting tips. Most problems
will be identified using the following steps. For more detailed servicing or
overhaul see maintenance manual MM10000.
- Test Equipment needed:
- Identifying features of the C&D Associates, Inc. heaters:
- 25,000-50,000 BTU heaters
- Part numbers CD12064, CD12065, CD14067,
CD14070, CD14071, CD14072, CD14073, CD14075, CD14077, CD14078.
- Terminal strip numbered 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10.
- Basic requirements for
- There are five basic requirements for a combustion
heater to function.
- Electrical power
- Combustion air
- Ventilating air
- If any of these are absent or out of tolerance
the heater will not operate correctly.
- Trouble Diagnosis: (The following
basic troubleshooting steps are in order of ease of inspection and
are the most common cause of failure)
Note: It is suggested that one person operate the heater controls and
another person perform the checks at the heater.
Disclaimer: The following info is to assist our customers. We accept no responsibility
for the outcome of the preceding procedures.